What is an Evaporator Coil?
Take a look at your home comfort system. If you have an air conditioner outside, then you also have an indoor evaporator coil and furnace inside. You might say the coil is the other, less visible part of your system. While a coil may be a component that you’re not very familiar with, it’s just as important to your home’s comfort as your air conditioner. And, because the coil was designed to work in tandem with your outdoor unit and furnace, it’s important that they match in both size and capacity. A matched system gives you maximum performance and efficiency.
Remember, your outdoor condensing unit and your indoor coil work together as a team. A new air conditioner’s efficiency will be significantly reduced if it’s paired with an old, existing coil, resulting in air conditioning repair. An older coil, or an efficient evaporator coil, may even differ in cooling capacity, leaving you with an unbalanced system and higher-than-necessary utility bills.
All-Aluminum Comfort Coils
With a strong heritage in aluminum outdoor coils, Trane has applied their innovative thinking to develop the industry’s only all-aluminum indoor coil. Rust-resistant and almost corrosion-free, their all-aluminum evaporator coils set a new industry standard by preventing leaks that often occur from corrosives like salt or common household cleaning products.
Trane Comfort™ Coils Features
- Foil Insulation 100% foil insulation provides easy cleaning and quiet operation.
- Two-way, Sloped, Non-corrosive Drain Pan Prevents standing water in drain pan, which significantly affects indoor air quality. Non-corrosive material prevents rust.
- Easy Access Makes cleaning and servicing easier which in turn leads to higher efficiency and longer life.
- Painted Finish Provides increased protection from rust and corrosion. Matches furnace in color.
- External Service Port Quicker and easier serviceability.
- Flexible Application Models for R-22 and R-410A refrigerants available
The evaporator coil is the unsung hero of any heating or cooling system. Assure your system reliability and efficiency with a matched Trane indoor evaporator coil. Its job, heat transfer, is one of the most important factors in achieving heating and cooling efficiencies that keep your home comfortable all year long.